Artscape Youngplace is currently accepting submissions from artists and artisans who wish to participate in the new Partridge and Pear Holiday Arts Market at Artscape Youngplace on Saturday November 29, from 10 am – 5 pm.
The market will feature over three dozen local artists and artisans, a gift-wrapping station, and refreshments at our Holiday Bar.
Artists and artisans will be provided a table and chair, for which they need to supply their own coverings and/or display equipment. We encourage artists to feature wares for holiday gift-buying.
In the week leading up to the Arts Market, we will be promoting the Partridge and Pear Holiday Online Arts Market as a sale preview from November 20 – November 27. A select number of items will be featured in the Online Arts Market (maximum of one item per vendor; items can be available in multiples.)
The deadline for submissions is Friday, October 31, 2014.
Artists can submit their application through an online form which will ask for:
- An artist biography or CV
- Basic information about the nature of the works you would like to sell
- 3-10 high-resolution images that are representative of the work you would like to sell
- Your table preferences
- If you would like to submit one item (available in multiples) to our Online Arts Market, please include a description, price, and image for this item.
The form takes approximately 15 minutes to complete.
CLICK HERE to fill out the Online Application Form.
Applications will be reviewed by a jury comprised of the Artscape Youngplace Resident Curator and professional artists. Artisans will be selected according to the following criteria:
- Excellence in technique, composition and craftsmanship
- Originality and inventiveness
- Diversity in wares
Should your submission be selected, you will be asked to pay all applicable exhibitor fees at the time of acceptance. Participants will have the option of paying by cash, cheque, credit card or PayPal.
- $40.00 per 6’ foot table, $30.00 for a 5’ table, and $25.00 per 4’ foot table. This can be supplemented with access to a 8’ x 4 ‘ wall surface behind the table for the display of wares for an additional $25.00.
- A 10% discount will be applied to all Artscape tenants, owners and members.
- A $25.00 withdrawal fee will be charged if Artscape Youngplace is notified in writing at least 14 days prior to the market. After these withdrawal deadlines, no refunds will be provided.
- Online Arts Market sales and logistics: Artscape will process all sales and manage distribution of sold items by December 6. Artscape will retain a commission of 10% of sales for this additional service to cover administration expenses. Any items sold through the online market must be provided to Artscape on the date of the in-person Market (November 29) for distribution the following week. Artscape will remit sales minus commission to artists by December 17 via cheque.
If artists have any questions or require assistance with the submission process, please contact Natasha Mytnowych, Managing Director, Artscape Youngplace at firstname.lastname@example.org
Illustration by Miriam Grenville