Artscape Youngplace is excited to announce that we are now accepting applications for the Artscape Youngplace Community Fund, a fund that supports community events and programs at Artscape Youngplace. This fund was made possible through the generous support of Catherine Gordon, RE/MAX Hallmark Realty Limited, and by funds raised at a series of community events.
Individuals, organizations and collectives are invited to submit applications seeking modest financial and in-kind support for initiatives that improve the opportunities for community members to connect, learn and create at Artscape Youngplace.
Community Funds can be requested to support facilitator fees and materials (up to $400 of direct expenses per initiative) plus in-kind contributions of space at Artscape Youngplace.
- To fit in with a larger slate of programming, the selected projects must have community-accessible components
- Projects of any content, structure or type are eligible. Projects, initiatives and events can be intended for any age group, etc.
- It is preferable that Initiatives receiving support from the Artscape Youngplace Community Fund are free-of-charge for participants/attendees; initiatives may charge a small participation fee or ticket price
Artscape Youngplace Community Funded Project Organizers are responsible for:
- Organizing and facilitating all elements of the proposed project
- Submitting invoices and receipts for all components reimbursed by the fund
- Providing project descriptions as required for promotion
- Marketing and promotion
Artscape Youngplace Community Funded Projects receive:
- Access to 1,000 sq. ft. studios, featuring 14’ ceilings, large windows with blackout curtains, kitchenettes, linoleum floors, a basic stereo system, tables and chairs, and a/v equipment for initiative dates and times
- Administrative support for the distribution of allocated funds
- Special blog posts on artscapeyoungplace.ca, and promotion to Artscape Youngplace’s social media networks and community networks
- Access to discounted or in-kind printing, photocopying and equipment
- Access to shared storage for materials
Applications can be submitted online through Submittable. The deadline is Monday, January 19, 2015 at 12:00 PM.
Click here to fill out the Online Application Form. The form asks for a description of your proposed initiative, information about you, your proposed budget and ideal dates. The form takes approximately 15-30 minutes to complete.
Those submitting an application will be notified of the status of their application in February 2015.
Applications will be reviewed by members of the Artscape Youngplace Community Advisory, and will be prioritized based on:
- The ability of initiative to offer community members a unique and exciting opportunity to connect, learn and/or create at Artscape Youngplace
- The experience of the project leader/teacher/instructor/facilitator
- The fit for available spaces at Artscape Youngplace
- The compliment to other community initiatives
If you have any questions or require assistance with the submission process, please contact Ginger Scott, Program Manager, Artscape Youngplace at firstname.lastname@example.org