Artscape is now accepting applications from individuals, organizations, and collectives who are interested in becoming Resident Teachers at Artscape Youngplace, a community cultural hub in the West Queen West neighbourhood. Now in our second year of our Resident Teachers program, we are looking to create new relationships with a select group of instructors and facilitators who offer unique experiences that focus on inspiring creation and learning while creating new connections in our community. Artscape is currently accepting proposals for classes taking place during the 2015 calendar year.
Potential classes could be offered in:
The deadline for applications is Monday, January 12, 2015 at 12:00 pm.
Classes can take place in the Flex Studios or potentially elsewhere in Artscape Youngplace if your idea requires a different kind of location. Classes can be for adults, children or all ages, and may be studious and serious, super fun or a mix of both. We are interest seeking creative ideas and teachers that could benefit from a regular home.
Classes can be any structure, including one-offs, drop-ins, or multiple sessions. Resident Teachers can charge participants a fee but are encouraged to include an accessible component to expand access to participation.
The Artscape Youngplace Resident Teachers are offered:
- Priority access in scheduling for the beautiful 1,000 sq.ft. studios, featuring 14’ ceilings, large windows with blackout curtains, kitchenettes, linoleum floors, a basic stereo system, tables and chairs, and rentable a/v equipment
- Complete control over their class administration, including registrations, fee payments and participant communication
- Access to a special “Teacher” rate for space bookings, at least 50% off on the public rate
- Marketing support including an event listing on the Artscape Youngplace website, on-site placement for promotional material (postcards, brochures, a slide on the lobby info screen), special blog posts in the online News section of the artscapeyoungplace.ca and promotion to Artscape Youngplace’s social media networks
- Access to discounted or in-kind printing, photocopying and equipment
- Access to shared storage for class materials
Individuals interested in being a Teacher-in-Residence can submit an application online through Submittable. The deadline is Monday, January 12, 2015 at 12:00 pm.
Click here to fill out the Online Application Form. The form asks for a description of your proposed class, information about you practice, proposed fees and how you would ideally schedule a series of classes through the 2015 calendar year. The form takes approximately 15-30 minutes to complete.
Those submitting an application will be notified of the status of their application in February 2015.
- Uniqueness and caliber of proposed classes
- Potential audience(s) for the class and level of accessibility for the community
- Demonstrated previous success with attendance/participant enrolment
- Experience of teacher/instructor/facilitator
- For previously conducted classes, prior successes and level of interest
If you have any questions or require assistance with the submission process, please contact Ginger Scott, Program Manager, Artscape Youngplace at firstname.lastname@example.org