It’s that time of the year again, folks! Holiday season is upon us and Artscape Youngplace is getting into the spirit. In celebration of this convivial snow-filled season, we will be playing host to a series of markets and workshops to help get you ready for the holidays!
Read on for details of the festive events you can expect discover here at 180 Shaw in the coming weeks!
November 29, 2014
10 am – 5 pm
Artscape Youngplace – 180 Shaw Street
Flex Studios 107 – 109
Artscape is excited to announce the inaugural Partridge and Pear Holiday Arts Market on Saturday, Nov. 29 from 10 am – 5 pm. With over 20 artisans, holiday drinks and gift wrapping, these local artisans are sure to help you cross a few people off your list!
Want a sneak peak or too busy to shop in person? Check out a series of featured items on our Online Holiday Arts Market. Orders must be placed before November 29, and will be delivered by December 10, 2014.
Featured artists at the Partridge and Pear Holiday Arts Market include:
- AFRODELIK featuring original hand drawn screenprinted Funky Tees, honouring Icons in Music
- R.C.– All Reasons Creations offering Original Art, Prints and Cards.
- Immerse yourself in the unique and surreal beauty of a world without people through Stephanie Avery‘s Ruins, photographs of urban decay and abandoned buildings from around the world.
- Beads and Bites, featuring handmade Victorian style pink Japanese velvet chokers.
- Mixed media collage artist Josée Duranleau featuring Buddha love & vintage art, prints and cards.
- Madeline Bonk offering recycled and no waste handmade gifts, art boards, knitted socks, handmade ponchos, and ordainments.
- Graven Feather Studio featuring locally designed and hand-printed items such as their gorgeous Limited Edition Letterpress Calendar, made right here in the West Queen West neighborhood!
- Diana Fox-Revett offering colourful cozy cashmere mittens up cycled from sweaters. Handmade individually completely by hand.
- Lorie Slater Photography featuring photos printed on metal as well as mounted on wood and covered with resin
- Mikafleur Design featuring one of a kind pottery vessels and interesting and unusual botanicals.
- Sarah Gaby-Trotz offering warm and whimsical wearable hand felted pieces, sure to brighten up a winter’s day!
- Miriam Grenville/UnderachieverIndustries featuring cozy holiday items crafted with love from up cycled, felted wool sweaters.
- Poetic Designs offering unique vintage inspired jewelry with a modern twist for the poetic souls.
- Pomegranate featuring modern advent calendars – filled with holiday-inspired crafts, thoughtful surprises and charitable gifts that make the world a better place.
- Sarah Ana Designs featuring unique, hand-crafted jewelry made from cast lace and pearls. The perfect addition to any holiday outfit.
- Ruth Wilgress offering Son of a BeeKeeper pure beeswax home made candles, and environmental Kaleidoscope paintings that illustrate the use of collaged discarded electronic pieces and other broken or unwanted items transformed.
- Tamsin inc. functional art. Glass coasters and trivets, ceramic ornaments, metal bookmarks wall hangings and pins fine scarves all embellished with original colourful designs.
- Torched Studio fires glass onto metal in rich, beautiful colours to create one of a kind enamel jewelry, bowls, vases and art.
- TYPOLOGY offering handmade limited edition artist’s books.
llustration by Miriam Grenville.
Stars of the Season: Holiday Star-Making Workshop
Sunday November 30 | 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
TYPOLOGY Projects / Suite 302
In conjunction with Elemental, a solo exhibition featuring editioned book works by Saskatchewan artist Cathryn Miller, TYPOLOGY Projects invites you to come make a variety of Miller-inspired paper star projects! The workshop will start with a brief family-friendly tour of the exhibition followed by hands-on star-making. Projects will include folded and cut paper stars suitable for ornaments, garlands, and gifting! Event is free to attend and geared toward adults and kids 6+ with caregiver. Materials will be provided. Please RSVP to info (at) typology (dot) ca with the number attending.
ORA Jewellery Holiday Pop-Up
Friday December 5 | 6:30 pm – 11:00pm
This one night holiday pop-up marks the official launch of divineora.com. Be the first to purchase these one-of-a-kind pieces from the ORA Collection before they’re available online. A wide array of necklaces, body chains, hand & head pieces will be available + you’ll have an exclusive first look at some of the newest creations. Enjoy complimentary hor d’oeuvres & drinks as you browse the collection while the sweet sounds of DJ’s LEANNE (L.organa) & FILLY get you into your holiday groove.
RSVP at http://www.divineora.com/orapopup
Koffler Couture: Designer Vintage Sale
Koffler Gallery, 1st Floor
Sunday December 7
11 AM – 1 PM: VIP Preview $50 | Includes exclusive early entry to sale and a complimentary glass of champagne
1 – 6 PM: $10 donation or pay-what-you-can
Monday December 8
12 – 8 PM: $10 donation or pay-what-you-can
A fabulous two-day vintage clothing and accessory sale! Fantastic deals on designer clothes, shoes, jackets, handbags, hats, belts and more, featuring: Prada | Chanel | Yves St Laurent | Rena Lange | Louis Vuitton | Hermes | Fendi | Gucci | Ralph Lauren | Burberry | Versace | Escada | Ferragamo | Bottega Veneta | Walter Steiger | Escada | Zegna | & much more!
Get your holiday shopping done early or treat yourself to something new. All proceeds support the Koffler Centre of the Arts.
Woodlawn Pottery Studio’s Annual Pottery Show & Sale
Friday December 12 | 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm
December 13 & 14 | 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Members of The Woodlawn Pottery Studio, a long standing Toronto women’s ceramic cooperative, invite you to their annual SHOW and SALE of functional and decorative ceramics created by some of the city’s best potters. It’s the perfect place to select original holiday gifts for friends, family and corporate giving as well as pieces for your own home enjoyment. A portion of our sales will be donated to Fife House, which provides affordable housing and services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
Mini Holiday Diorama Workshop
Saturday December 13 | 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm & Saturday December 20 | 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Cost: $30 per student
To Register Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Artscape Youngplace Teachers-in-Residence invite students complete a unique holiday inspired diorama to take home for themselves, or to use as a gift! The workshop will focus on the crossover in mediums (painting & sculpture) within the project, and the art terms relevant to the piece: scale, proportion, detail, composition, overlap, and space (foreground, middle ground, and background), and 3D.
The Fifth Annual Holiday Collective Show
Wednesday December 17 – Monday December 22
At this year’s Holiday Collective Show you’ll find a mix of original art, handmade designs and artisanal products from a variety of artists and artisans, with many works made from sustainable materials including recycled fabrics, industrial parts and even silver and gold.