Spots Still Available – REGISTER HERE
Two- Four Hour classes.
Classes consist of a lecture followed by a practical workshop, fashion illustration course for costume designers using analog materials.
Drafting a costume illustration
Drafting figures for men, women and children. Discussing different body types, front, side and back views.
Rendering realistic clothing, details, facial expressions and hair, gestures related to clothing (ex. hands in pockets).
Milestone –pencil drafts of costume illustrations (required for classes 1.2 and 2.1)
• layout paper
• pencils, sharpeners and erasers
• several pens in various line widths/tips
• reference material (magazine tearsheets of actors and actresses).
Rendering costume illustrations in various media.
Markers, watercolours, pencil crayons and chalk pastel. Quick sketching techniques and demonstration.
Milestone – coloured mixed media costume illustration.
• pencil drafts of costume illustrations (from class 1.1)
• light box*
• art markers (ex. Prismacolor or Copic)*
• watercolour and gouache paints and brushes
• pencil crayons
• chalk pastels and workable fixative*
• sketch paper
• watercolour paper
• marker paper*