Two four-‐hour classes:
Classes consist of a lecture followed by a practical workshop, fashion illustration course for costume designers using digital media.
Touchscreen sketching and preparing line art in Photoshop.
Quick sketching demonstration on the iPad. Discussion of using the iPad or other touchscreen tablets for costume drawing, various styluses and drawing apps available.
Milestone – quick costume sketch on a tablet.
Inking, scanning, and cleaning up a costume illustration to be coloured in Photoshop.
Milestone – clean line art Photoshop file of a costume illustration (required for class 2.2).
• touchscreen tablet (ex. iPad or Surface) and stylus*
• pencil draft of a fashion illustration (from class 1.1)
• layout paper
• pencils, sharpeners and erasers
• several pens in various line widths/tips
• computer with Adobe Photoshop
• Wacom tablet and stylus
Digital colouring in Photoshop. Rendering fabric, pattern, texture and colour in Adobe Photoshop. Discussing shading, rendering patterns in Photoshop, applying scanned fabric swatches, collaging using photographs, etc.
Milestone –coloured digital costume illustration.
• clean line art Photoshop file of a costume illustration (from class 2.1)
• computers with Adobe Photoshop
• Wacom tablets and stylus
• fabric samples
• digital photographs of garments