Artscape (operator of Artscape Youngplace) has just posted the position of Part-time Administrative Assistant at Artscape Youngplace. You can find the original posting on the Artscape website, or keep reading after the jump. This exciting position starts asap. Application deadline is Nov. 20 at noon. Join our team!
Position Type: PT Casual, Hourly
Location: Artscape Youngplace, 180 Shaw Street
Start Date: As soon as possible
Report to: Program Manager, Artscape Youngplace
Application Deadline: November 20, 2016 at 12pm, but please note that qualified candidates will be interviewed upon receipt of application
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Administrative Assistant provides operations, sales and event support for Artscape Youngplace’s Flex Studios and Hallway Galleries, as well as other facility events and services. This is a part-time position working an average of 20 hours per week. The work schedule will vary and will include weekends and evenings. The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Program Manager, as well as the Artscape Youngplace Events and Sales Coordinator, in the administration of the Flex Studio and Hallway Galleries programs; processing bookings and payments, and offering venue tours and occasional event supervision. S/he will represent Artscape Youngplace in a positive and professional manner with the buildings’ artists and organizational tenants/owners, program participants, colleagues in other arts organizations, school and community members, and volunteers.
- Provide administrative support for the operations of Artscape Youngplace, including the booking, payment processing and organization of the Flex Studios and Hallway Galleries rentals
- Represent Artscape at meetings and events, including at Artscape Launchpad creative entrepreneurship events and programs, as requested
- Create, maintain and enter data into program systems, databases and budgets, including key card programming and distribution
- Respond to inquiries and gives tours of spaces
- Prepare spaces for upcoming rentals, including setting up furniture, equipment and light housekeeping
- Assist with the research and distribution of program marketing and sales initiatives
- Supervise public events, receptions and community programs in facility spaces
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong desire for a career in arts administration
- Experience dealing with Customer Service and Administration
- Excellent administrative, finance and computer skills
- Superb attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent analytical skills and good judgment
- Ability to trouble-shoot and solve problems
- SmartServe certification is an asset
- Artscape will assign shifts on an as-needed basis but will provide a one-month calendar of shifts upon commencement
- Note: Artscape Youngplace is closed from December 22, 2016 through January 2, 2017 and reopens January 3, 2017
- In 2017, Artscape will assign shifts on an as-need basis
- Shifts may be day or evening, seven days a week. Shifts will be a minimum of 4 hours
- Wages are $15 per hour, based on the assigned role, plus 4% vacation pay, paid semi-monthly
Please respond with a brief cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest and a resume. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Applications will be received in confidence by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please note the job title and your name in the email subject line)
All email submissions will receive a message confirming receipt. No phone calls please. We thank all applicants, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Artscape is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities, programs and services. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to Artscape.